[Evergreen-dev] Time to bump up Node version across the board?

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Tue May 23 11:19:20 EDT 2023

Hi,

Jane's patch for bug 1187993 introduces a test suite that doesn't pass with
the version of Node that Evergreen installs by default (16.17.1), as the
tests depend on Fetch API stuff that Node doesn't support until 17.5.

Is there any blocker to our just bumping up to the current LTS version of
Node (18.16.0) since we're installing Node from source anyway? Including
maintenance branches?

Of course, we'd need to test all of the individual webapps if we did this;
I'm asking about known incompatibilities.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton