[Evergreen-dev] 3.12-beta building

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Wed Nov 15 16:43:01 EST 2023

Hi,

I'm starting a thread for coordination of the 3.12-beta build following my
presentation at the New Developers' meeting today.

Where we stand at the moment:

[1] There's now a lightly-tested version-upgrade script in rel_3_12
[2] Similarly, there's now the beginning of release notes in rel_3_12
[3] Non-Angular string updates have been published in main and rel_3_12.
[4] Release note stubs have been cleared in main and rel_3_12
[5] The Antora configs in main and rel_3_12 have been updated to start
building a 3.12 version of the manual
[6] Thus far, it looks like the following tests are working:

- make check
- pgTAP main tests
- pgTAP live tests
- Angular main tests

Unsure at the moment about Angular e2e tests (which didn't finish for me).
I've also not run the live_t Perl tests.

I can continue to help with the builds tomorrow afternoon. Some requests:

* Blake: could you get Launchpad Translations setup for 3.12?
* Blake: could you also get the Angular strings updated in POEditor?

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton