[Evergreen-dev] marc_export - apache crashes

Brian Holda brian.holda at calvin.edu
Mon Oct 9 08:56:19 EDT 2023

Or maybe a better way to ask this. Have people found a good way to export a large number of marc records within Evergreen? We found the staff client way to do it. And it processes files of 5-10,000 records at a time. But if we want to do 1 million records, let's say, it's a bit tedious. So then I found the marc_export script<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__docs.evergreen-2Dils.org_3.2_-5Fmarc-5Fexport-5Fexporting-5Fbibliographic-5Frecords-5Finto-5Fmarc-5Ffiles.html&d=DwMGaQ&c=4rZ6NPIETe-LE5i2KBR4rw&r=rB3XDC6iCWGkjZtiGXbRHlEfGQP12yvXoVpChsQG6IY&m=PZmft0gaDkWQJ-PsQAmuzLbFyoxYjph24cGK4vqaTEXFnORZ9vEDMUnFRbuzb4np&s=28sCuznEp6eX3W0zi51ryW-NBwTZ0P8RjE4l6oEL_rE&e=>. But that crashed our server doing it with 3,000 records at a time. We have ideas on how to modify the process, and it's not terrible using the staff client way, but I figure this must be a somewhat common task that others have good solutions for? Anyone willing to share 🙂?

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Holda
Library Technology Manager