[Evergreen-dev] Fieldmapper usage for vendor making api calls

Josh Stompro stomproj at gsuite.larl.org
Wed Oct 11 08:54:41 EDT 2023

Hello, I was working with Solus on some breakage of their app after our
upgrade to 3.11.  The issue was related to the fields ordering changing in
the results to  service=open-ils.auth method=open-ils.auth.session.retrieve.

When they initially set it up, they just went by the index number of each
result, but that changed due to actor.usr changes over the years.

I suggested that they could take a look at  /reports/fm_IDL.xml for the new
ordering, and they quickly setup a system to grab that file every 24 hours
and use it to access the fields for api results.  I just wanted to double
check to see if that is the recommended way to handle things if they have
customers with different versions of evergreen?  Is there a simpler
approach that would be better?

Thanks
Josh
[image: Company logo]
*Josh Stompro*
IT Director
stomproj at gsuite.larl.org | 218-233-3757 ext. 139 | 218-790-2110
*Lake Agassiz Regional Library *
118 5th ST S
Moorhead MN 56560
www.larl.org
*Our mission is to enrich lives and strengthen communities.*