[Evergreen-dev] marc_export - apache crashes

Brian Holda brian.holda at calvin.edu
Mon Oct 16 08:54:59 EDT 2023

Just want to say thank you to people for helping us out with the marc export (especially Josh Stompro was really helpful in getting our commands right and Jason Stephenson, I believe, updated the export to make it work better and pointed me to some good resources).

We ran an export over the weekend that worked successfully without crashing the server. 1.4 million records, we did it in batches of 100k per file and it was roughly 40 min. or so per 100k records. Some of our bibs have A LOT of items attached, so I didn't think this was crazy in timing.

Thanks again - really appreciate the support of this community!
Brian

Brian Holda
Library Technology Manager
Hekman Library