[Evergreen-dev] Redis Docker container available

Blake Graham-Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Mon Feb 26 19:37:31 EST 2024

All,

For those that might be interested in playing with the redis stuff,
we've baked it into a docker container. Hopefully we'll just make it
the* container eventually, but for now it's separate from the ejabberd
images. It's of the "dev" variety. Meaning it was created with hacking
Evergreen in mind, rather than running a version of Evergreen. You will
need to have a local copy of the Evergreen repository (I recommend main
branch) on your machine and map that into the container at runtime,
which will (re)install Evergreen in the container on boot. That's done
like this:

docker run -it -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 210:210 -p 6001:6001 -p 32:22 -p
5433:5432 -v /home/user/Evergreen:/home/opensrf/repos/Evergreen -h
test.evergreen.com mobiusoffice/evergreen-ils:dev-redis

you will need to change the path in that command to match your local
path to the Evergreen repo (/home/user/Evergreen)

Or from Windows Powershell:

docker run -it -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 210:210 -p 6001:6001 -p 32:22 -p
5433:5432 -v
//c/users/user/Documents/GitHub/Evergreen:/home/opensrf/repos/Evergreen
-h test.evergreen.com mobiusoffice/evergreen-ils:dev

Same deal for the path to your local Evergreen repo

Keep in mind that it's probably 20 minutes of load time, because it
installs Evergreen on boot as well as install the enhanced concerto set
(including date carry).

Note: There is a 2 minute ng build process that kicks off at the end of
the boot procedure. Therefore, it can look like it's ready, but if you
attempt to login before the ng build command has finished, you will get
this:

  Forbidden

No big deal, just wait a minute and refresh.

The repo from which this container image is built:
https://github.com/mcoia/eg-docker

For those of you new to the Evergreen docker eco-system:

The anchor page:
https://hub.docker.com/r/mobiusoffice/evergreen-ils

If you just want to run an Evergreen server quickly (non-dev)

docker run -it -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 210:210 -p 6001:6001 -p 32:22 -p
5433:5432 -h app.evergreen.com mobiusoffice/evergreen-ils

More details are located on the Evergreen wiki as well:
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=newdevs:testserver
<https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=newdevs:testserver>

--
-Blake-