[Evergreen-documentation] Staff Catalog Documentation?

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Fri Aug 4 15:36:36 EDT 2023

Hi Jessica,

I don’t think it currently exists, or at least not in the official docs. Maybe someone has created something locally?  There’s just bits in cataloguing and circulation.  This would be a good thing to note on the re-org spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nPD0_blC51wVcYJsdQqGYFoRrlcGmbmqbZlrlosaHgE/edit?usp=sharing

Adding a Staff Catalogue chapter is on my list for our local docs but I’ve only gotten as far as thinking about what sections I want to include:

Staff Catalogue
- Searching – link to
  -- Search Preferences
  -- Numeric Search
  -- Keyword Search
  -- MARC Search
  -- Browse
  -- Shelf Browse (3.11)
  -- Search Results
- The Record (including set default view and buttons with reference to relevant sections)
  -- Record Summary
  -- Staff Summary (3.11)
  -- Item Table
  -- MARC Edit - link to Enhanced MARC Editor and Flat text Editor
  -- MARC View
  -- Record Notes – not used by Sitka
  -- View Holds – link to Viewing Holds
  -- Monograph Parts – not used by Sitka
  -- Holdings View
  -- Conjoined Items – not used by Sitka (do we have any libraries with conjoined items?)
  -- Shelf Browse

I think we’ve already got a few bits for the current MARC Edit tab that haven’t made it back to the community docs yet:
http://docs.libraries.coop/sitka/_enhanced_marc_editor.html
http://docs.libraries.coop/sitka/_flat_text_editor.html

Hope this helps,

Jennifer