[Evergreen-documentation] Server build docs issue

Blake Graham-Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Thu Dec 7 15:50:24 EST 2023

All,

On today's call, we figured out that the docs haven't been generating
since November 17th. There are node error reports on the server's hard
drive indicating that it's been running out of memory. Looking deeper,
that was the day that we added rel_3_12 branch to the list of branches
we're asking it to generate. That was apparently one too many, and it
has exceeded the 2GB memory limit that Node.js imposes itself. I've
edited the generation script to allow for 4GB memory instead, and it
finished! So, the website now has all of the latest stuff.

A secondary issue: the non-main branches were not getting the latest
documentation.

This was due to a flaw in the documentation script. It wasn't running
through all of the branches and pulling the latest git changes. I've
introduced a chunk of code in that bash script that does that now.

Any system admins that need to know more: when a new branch is
introduced, we're going to need to reference it in the build script
~antora/run_docs

for branch in "rel_3_12" "rel_3_11"  "rel_3_10" "rel_3_9" "rel_3_8"
"rel_3_7" "rel_3_6" "main";

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
Will consume any data format