[Evergreen-general] A missing home icon in eg2 translated interface

Linda Jansová linda.jansova at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 05:13:54 EST 2020

Dear all,

In our 3.5 install, we have successfully managed to clean up the
translation so that the open box characters do not appear alongside the
proper translation. Thank you once again for providing guidance on how
to correctly make the changes!

The next issue we would like to tackle is the eg2 home icon and its
accompanying (alternative) text.

When the translation string is kept in its original format, only the "ů"
letter shows up (instead of the graphical home icon with a full string
which would read "domů" or "Domů").

As can be seen at:

https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/eg2/src/locale/messages.cs-CZ.xtb;hb=f07a7888b9d5368308218a32ca330eeaa1ae633c
<https://git.evergreen-ils.org/?p=Evergreen.git;a=blob;f=Open-ILS/src/eg2/src/locale/messages.cs-CZ.xtb;hb=f07a7888b9d5368308218a32ca330eeaa1ae633c>

the translation string in question is this one:

<translation id="3032413414186270145"> <ph

␣␣␣␣␣␣␣␣</translation>

(The same translation string as currently included in Poeditor can be
seen in the attached home_link_translation_in_poeditor.png file.)

After we changed it (in our 3.5 install) to:

<translation id="3032413414186270145">Domů</translation>

we can see the full string "Domů" instead of just the last letter "ů"
(please see the attached home_link_in_eg2.png screenshot).

However, the home icon still seems to be missing from the translated
interface.

Is there a way to make it show up even in this non-English interface?

And on a related note - could there be any drawbacks when the „<ph
name="START_TAG_SPAN">“ etc. code is removed?

Thank you in advance for any hints!

Linda