[Evergreen-general] alert staff that patron has a note

Jason Etheridge jason at equinoxinitiative.org
Thu Feb 4 10:46:26 EST 2021

> Is there a way to alert staff to Notes created in Messages on a patron's account? Alerts and Blocks appear in red below the patron's name but there is no notification when a Note is on the account. Maybe we just haven't enabled it?

Hi Diane,

There's a large revamp of how notes and messages work pending at

One change is that the Messages link will be relabeled to Notes, and a
count of all notes, alerting or otherwise, will be adjacent to this
label.

Barring that, you could change the SILENT_NOTE standing penalty (under
Local Administration) and flip the Staff Alert checkbox for it, but it
will affect all libraries for that Evergreen instance.

--
Jason Etheridge
Senior Developer