[Evergreen-general] Overwrite "ON ORDER" call number label upon full record import

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Feb 17 20:53:43 EST 2021

Hello Claire,

The only times I've encountered the on order call numbers being
overwritten is when we're batch loading full MARC records with holding
information from vendors that include a subfield with the new call
number. (We're running 3-5-1.)

I think development would be required to do what you describe.  You'd
need a way to tell Evergreen when it should be overwriting the call
number label field since I'm assuming you'd only want it to overwrite
if a particular value was in the call number label field or if the
item was in a particular status when you opened the item editor and
the parameters would likely vary from library to library.

Hope that helps,

Jennifer

Quoting Clare Irwin <cirwin at pelhamlibrary.on.ca>:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> I am trying to find out if it is possible to set Evergreen to automatically
> overwrite the Call Number Label field in the holdings editor when you have
> replaced the On Order bib record with the full record. I have found that if
> the call number is in either the 082$a or 092$a tag, it will show up in the
> bib record summary Call Number # at the top of the holdings editor page and
> will show up in the Call Number Label if you are adding a new holding,
> however, it will not overwrite the existing "ON ORDER" Call Number Label if
> you are editing an existing item. Does anyone know how to make this work?
> We are currently using Evergreen 3-4-3, but will be upgrading to 3-6 at the
> end of February.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Clare Irwin
>
> Catalogue / Computer Technician
>
> Pelham Public Library
>
> 905.892.6443
>
> <https://twitter.com/Pelham_Library?lang=en>
> <https://www.instagram.com/pelhamlibrary/>
> <https://www.facebook.com/pelhampubliclibrary/>
> <https://pelhamlibrary.on.ca/>
>
> --
>
> Curbside Pickup <https://pelhamlibrary.on.ca/curbside-service/> is
> available during the provincial lockdown.
> _FONTHILL Branch:_
>

> Monday 10 -
> 4, Tuesday 10 - 7, Wednesday 10 - 4, Thursday 10 - 7, Friday 10 - 4,
> Saturday 10 - 4
>
> *MAPLE ACRE Branch:*
>
> Monday 12 - 7, Tuesday 12 - 6,
> Thursday 12 - 6, Friday 12 - 6
>

> https://www.pelhamlibrary.on.ca
> <https://www.pelhamlibrary.on.ca/>

--
Jennifer Pringle (she/her)
Co-op Support - Training Lead
Email:jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Website: http://bc.libraries.coop

Gratefully acknowledging that I live and work in the unceded
Traditional Territory of the St'at'yemc Nations.