[Evergreen-general] Encrypted SIP2

Lolis, John jlolis at whiteplainsny.gov
Wed Jan 6 17:15:45 EST 2021

 I hadn't thought of managing their library account through it, but that's
a thought that also bears consideration.  I was just considering it for
authentication so that patrons could participate in a forum, access
restricted resources (outside of EZProxy) or engage in interactive group
activities without having to register a separate WordPress account.
T'would be a wonderful thing to have.

One example of a restricted resource I have in mind... we have an in-house
ABBYY OCR server which I'd love to make available as a free online OCR
service to our patrons, but I'd need to restrict access to it.

John Lolis
Coordinator of Computer Systems

100 Martine Avenue
White Plains, NY  10601

tel: 1.914.422.1497
fax: 1.914.422.1452

https://whiteplainslibrary.org/

*When you think about it, *all* security is ultimately security by
ignorance.*