[Evergreen-general] Installation assistance requested

o1bigtenor o1bigtenor at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 10:09:23 EDT 2021

On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 7:48 AM Jason Stephenson via Evergreen-general
<evergreen-general at list.evergreen-ils.org> wrote:

> On 7/20/21 8:14 AM, o1bigtenor via Evergreen-general wrote:
> > Greetings
> >
> > Installing opensrf on a Devuan Beowulf (equivalent to Debian buster) system.
> >
> > Following :   https://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/install/OpenSRF/README_3_2_1.html
> >
> > to affect an install.
> > In step 10 (configure the ejabberd server) the final request is to
> > restart the the server.
> >
> > My resultant is:
> >
> > # service ejabberd start
> >> [....] Starting ejabberd...:root at memyself:/home/opensrf-3.2.1# service ejabberd status
> >> [....] Getting ejabberd status...:Failed RPC connection to the node ejabberd at localhost:
> >> nodedown
> >>
> >> Commands to start an ejabberd node:
> >   > . . .
> >
> > the ejabberd log file reads:
> >
> >> 2021-07-19 06:57:09.413 [error] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:validate_opts:1095 Unknown option 'echo <PREFIX>/lib > /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opensrf.conf    what'
> >> 2021-07-19 06:57:09.413 [error] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_config:start:88 Failed to load configuration file /etc/ejabberd/ejabberd.yml
> >> 2021-07-19 06:57:09.413 [critical] <0.82.0>@ejabberd_app:start:70 Failed to start ejabberd application: unknown_option
> >

> Based on the above, you added "echo <PREFIX>/lib >
> /etc/ld.so.conf.dopensrf.conf" to the ejabberd configuration. Find that
> line in the file and delete it.

Contents of the file  /etc/ld.so.conf.d/opensrf.conf   (added forward slash
between conf.d and opensrf)

openils/lib

I don't think that needs deleting.

> Also, have you seen this:
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/opensrf/+bug/1849364
>
> The code in the branches there are a bit out of date, but it might help
> with dependencies and installation.

Very interesting!
The urls link back to a list of the 'working' commits (I think that's what
the list is - - - - its definitely NOT code not anything that is useful to me).

Thanks for the suggestions.

Any further ideas?

TIA