[Evergreen-general] "Default phone" required field in the patron edit screen

Joan Kranich jkranich at cwmars.org
Fri Jul 23 08:58:54 EDT 2021

Hi Jane,

For some of our libraries we have batch updated the patron records copying
the number in the Daytime Phone to the Default Phone Number.
Other libraries manually copy the Daytime Phone to the Default Phone
Number.
For new registrations staff just uncheck the email or phone setting for
records without a phone number or email address.  The same is true for SMS.

Hope this helps.  It would be great to get this bug fixed.

Joan

On Thu, Jul 22, 2021 at 4:34 PM Jane Sandberg via Evergreen-general <

> Hi Evergreeners,
>
> We just upgraded from 3.4 to 3.7, and are running into bug 1901726
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1901726>.  Basically, when we
> go to edit any of our patrons, there is a field called "Default phone
> number", which is now required.  It's almost always empty, meaning we can't
> save the form until we fiddle with it.
>
> It's frustrating that we have to fiddle with this field before making any
> changes to patron records.  Are there any workarounds that your libraries
> are using to reduce this frustration?
>
>   -Jane
>
> --
> Jane Sandberg
> Electronic Resources Librarian
> Linn-Benton Community College
> sandbej at linnbenton.edu / 541-917-4655
> Pronouns: she/her/hers
>
> Library instagram: @lbcc_library <https://www.instagram.com/lbcc_library/>

​​

Joan Kranich | Library Applications Manager

CW MARS

jkranich at cwmars.org

508-755-3323 x321 or x1 <(508)%20755-3323>

http://www.cwmars.org

Pronouns <https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>: she, her, hers