[Evergreen-general] Conference Reminder - proposal & early bird deadlines!

Andrea Buntz Neiman abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
Mon Mar 15 12:33:34 EDT 2021

Hello everyone!

*THIS WEDNESDAY MARCH 17th* is the deadline for earlybird registration, as
well as the deadline for conference proposals.

Conference registration information is here:
https://evergreen-ils.org/conference/2021-evergreen-international-online-conference/2021-conference-registration/

Remember that due to our platform, you will need to register separately for
the preconference and main conference. Earlybird pricing applies to the
main conference only.

I'm happy to announce our planned preconference sessions:

   - Anonymous in the Forest: Personally-Identifying Information in
   Evergreen (Rogan Hamby)
   - AsciiDoc and Antora (Lynn Floyd)
   - Hungry Hungry Space Hippos: a journey further into the ever-expanding
   universe of how holds work in Evergreen (Angela Kilsdonk, Mike Rylander,
   and Andrea Buntz Neiman)

We do still have one preconference slot left so if you have an idea kicking
around that you think is worthy of a deep dive, please feel free to submit
a proposal! Preconference sessions are two hours long.

Additionally, we have a bunch of great main conference program proposals
coming in. Here's some of what we have so far (caveat: this list is subject
to change, and please note that these are brief summaries and not actual
titles):

   - Bib record parts, peers, transcendance, and more
   - Panel discussion among several community interest group leaders
   - Connecting Evergreen to external applications
   - Localization, translation, and other international use of Evergreen
   - A sys admin's first year
   - How Evergreen docs work
   - 3.6 and 3.7 new feature review

There's still lots of room for end-user sessions in particular, and
Acquisitions, Serials, and Cataloging sessions are always in demand.

Community interest group leaders are encouraged to file for a program slot
if their groups are intending to meet or present content at the Conference.

Proposal submission guidelines are here:
https://evergreen-ils.org/conference/2021-evergreen-international-online-conference/2021-call-for-proposals/

Remember, get those program proposals and earlybird registrations in
by *WEDNESDAY
MARCH 17th.*

If you have any questions, please feel free to email the Conference
Committee at evergreen-conference at list.evergreen-ils.org.

Thanks for helping to make this a great event!

Sincerely,
Andrea Buntz Neiman
on behalf of the Conference Committee

--
Andrea Buntz Neiman
Project Manager for Software Development
abneiman at equinoxinitiative.org
1-877-OPEN-ILS (673-6457) x5583
*www.equinoxinitiative.org <http://www.equinoxinitiative.org>*