[Evergreen-general] Hack-A-Way 2021 and 2022

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at equinoxoli.org
Fri Nov 5 16:16:03 EDT 2021

I'd like to thank everyone that came out to the Hack-A-Way this year, our
tenth!  Again, many thanks to Evergreen Indiana for hosting us this year
and to Keith Kaffenberger for his hard work in putting the event together.
However, as one Hack-A-Way ends another one begins being planned, hopefully
with in person collaboration this time.  That's right, in 2022 we hope that
by October we will be able to sit around actual physical tables with each
other again!  It will be one of our even numbered years which means that
instead of heading to Indiana we will go somewhere else and that means we
need a host.  We are not at a site selection stage yet but if your
organization is interested in hosting please let me know and send any and
all questions my way.

To anticipate one question … who can host?  Any community member can host.
We have been hosted by community libraries, academic libraries, non-profit
organizations and state libraries.  What do we need?  From the wiki :

   -

   A clean meeting space for 15 - 30 people.
   -

   Working space for laptops.
   -

   A TV, projector or other display.
   -

   Adequate bandwidth for the users
   -

   A few snacks and forms of hydration and caffeine to keep blood sugar and
   typing up
   -

   Facilitate reasonable hotel accommodations (cheaper is better but no bed
   bugs)
   -

   Although not required it's become tradition for the host to supply
   lunches

This is a great opportunity to host an event much, much smaller than a
conference so don't be shy.  If you have questions there is no commitment
at this stage so feel free to drop me a note.

Rogan Hamby (he/him/his), MLIS

Data and Project Analyst

Equinox Open Library Initiative

rogan.hamby at equinoxOLI.org