[Evergreen-general] catalog searching

Kate Coleman kcoleman at jeffcolib.org
Fri Sep 24 12:46:35 EDT 2021

Terri, could it be that your search settings are changing either when you
log out, or from computer to computer, maybe? In the different searches,
are all the checkboxes checked the same way (Limit to Available, Group
Formats/Editions/Results from All Libraries)? Keyword and Title searches
will get different results, of course, but often when I'm helping a
colleague and we get different search results it's because they have
something checked and I don't. For me personally, I only check "Results
from All Libraries."

[image: image.png]
Also, your Catalog Preferences (on the search ribbon, all the way to the
right) may have different defaults as well.

[image: image.png]

Kate Coleman, MLIS
Technical Services Manager, Jefferson County Library
Missouri Evergreen Consortium
5678 State Rd. PP
High Ridge, MO 63049
636-677-8689
Fax: 636--677-1769
kcoleman at jeffcolib.org

Currently Reading
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5960108?utm_medium=reading_link&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Book Cover]
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_destination/5960108?utm_medium=cover&utm_source=email_signature>
[image: Goodreads Logo]
<https://www.goodreads.com/?utm_medium=gr_logo&utm_source=email_signature> Get
your own email signature
<https://www.goodreads.com/user/email_signature_instructions?utm_medium=gyo_link&utm_source=email_signature>

On Fri, Sep 24, 2021 at 11:38 AM Terri Moser via Evergreen-general <