[Evergreen-general] Stripe and OPAC Payments

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Wed Dec 14 10:02:18 EST 2022

Hi,

You're welcome. I should also mention that one of the points of using
Stripe is ensuring that credit card numbers never pass through the
Evergreen server, thereby significantly simplifying attaining PCI
compliance. The long list of domains to allow is part of the tradeoff.

Of course, nobody can guarantee that Stripe will never get subverted
to the point where their systems distribute malware that would affect
the OPAC stations, but Stripe has every motivation to work hard to
prevent that, as that would be the sort of mistake that would cause
existential problems for their business.

Regards,

Galen