[Evergreen-general] Best Practices Question

PaILS pails at sparkpa.org
Fri Feb 25 15:38:21 EST 2022

In the past I have recommended a bifurcated workflow –

  *   For locally held items, change the use a shelving location (“Children’s Staff Office” or similar) – a status would also work but that would be a consortial setting and not something the local library can typically set up. (The definition of “local” might vary between a library and system depending on system agreements & staff permissions.)
  *   For external items, check them out on a library card. This way the owning library’s items don’t get edited by non-affiliated staff and the item moves normally through the circulation process and generates a transit home when it’s checked in.

Happy Friday everyone!

Katie Greenleaf Martin
Executive Director
Pennsylvania Integrated Library System (PaILS)
(717) 873-9461
sparkpa.org<https://sparkpa.org/>