[Evergreen-general] Next Dev Meeting - July 12 at 3pm Eastern, 12 Pacific

Jason Boyer JBoyer at equinoxOLI.org
Tue Jul 5 10:06:41 EDT 2022

The next Evergreen dev July 12th at 3pm Eastern / 12 Pacific in #evergreen on Libera.chat.

Agenda is at https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2022-07-12 <https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2022-07-12> and is ready for additions.

There are not detailed notes for the in-person meeting held at the hackfest, but here is the gist of the discussion:

Jason Stephenson, and Galen if needed, will put together a 3.7.4 release as there are a couple of fixes that are on the security-fix-fence.

Jason Stephenson will also be looking at some possible improvements to make_release and db upgrade scripts.

Galen will try to bang the drum a bit about point releases. Sometimes the issue we have with point releases isn’t that no one is willing to build them, but no one saying “Ok whoever is able to help out, we’re building point release on xx/yy/zzzz!” and aiming the effort of those available at a specific date.

Also, a way to simplify point release notes was discussed. One potential way to address this is using a RELEASE_NOTES_POINT (or similar) directory and committers adding entries for each back ported patch applied. Then at point release time they can be concatenated similar to RELEASE_NOTES_NEXT for .0 releases.

Jason

--
Jason Boyer
Senior System Administrator