[Evergreen-general] Purging Holds

Jessica Woolford jwoolford at biblio.org
Tue Apr 11 11:34:00 EDT 2023

Hi Joan,

Bibliomation purges hold one year post fulfillment or cancellation
currently. If a patron has elected to save their hold history, their holds
are not purged. I see this in action on a test account I have been using
for several years.

Hope that helps!
Jessica

On Tue, Apr 11, 2023 at 11:21 AM Joan Kranich via Evergreen-general <

> Hello,
>
> C/W MARS is planning to begin anonymizing canceled and fulfilled holds
> after a set period of time such as 3 months from cancellation or
> fulfillment.
>
> If your library purges holds, can you please tell me if the purging
> removes the holds from a patron's holds history?
>
> I have found documentation
> <https://docs.evergreen-ils.org/eg/docs/latest/admin/purge_holds.html>on
> the Evergreen site which indicates the purging does not remove the holds
> from the history but I'm not sure.  I've reviewed the settings in the Web
> Client Server Administration>Global Flags too.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Joan
>
> --
>
> Joan Kranich | Library Applications Manager
>
> CW MARS
>
> jkranich at cwmars.org
>
> 508-755-3323 x321 or x1 <(508)%20755-3323>
>
> http://www.cwmars.org
>
> Pronouns <https://www.mypronouns.org/what-and-why>: she, her, hers

Jessica Woolford
Evergreen Systems Manager