[Evergreen-general] Ways to handle shelving location names?

Olivia Scully oscully at biblio.org
Fri Aug 11 15:08:07 EDT 2023

Hi everyone,

We've been having some internal discussions around handling an increasingly
large number of shelving locations across our consortium (over 1300 now),
and wanted to ask you all for your thoughts & perspective.

How do you all handle shelving locations? Do you have a set standardized
list/a list of set options for libraries to choose from? Do you add new
location names according to library request? Other ways you might handle
locations?

And what are the pros & cons of handling things that way vs. other ways?

Any thoughts you can share would be very appreciated!!

Thank you!

Olivia

--
Olivia Scully* (she/her)*