[Evergreen-general] How to make changes to eg_vhost.conf in the Docker container?

Blake Henderson blake at mobiusconsortium.org
Sun Aug 13 16:36:06 EDT 2023

Vaclav,

Which docker folder are you building?

generic-dockerhub
or
generic-dockerhub-dev

You should be building your container image from:
generic-dockerhub

(not generic-dockerhub-dev)

Do you have anything defined in vars.yml for "shared_jackets_folder"?
You shouldn't.

Make sure you pull the most recent commit to the repository:

cd eg-docker
# if you've made changes to the repository, let's make sure everything
is back to default:
git clean -x -f -d

git pull

Check the vars.yml, make sure you have:
ubuntu_version: focal
evergreen_version: 3.11.1
add_evergreen_language_support: no

For troubleshooting, you can edit the Dockerfile such that it doesn't
start Evergreen when the image runs:

vi Dockerfile

Comment out this line:

# ENTRYPOINT cd /egconfigs && ansible-playbook
evergreen_restart_services.yml -vvvv -e "hosts=127.0.0.1" && while true;
do sleep 1; done

uncomment this line
ENTRYPOINT while true; do sleep 1; done

Rebuild your image:

docker build --add-host public.localhost:127.0.1.2 --add-host
public:127.0.1.2 --add-host private.localhost:127.0.1.3 --add-host
private:127.0.1.3 . --no-cache

Then run the resulting image

docker run -it -p 80:80 -p 443:443 -p 210:210 -p 6001:6001 -p 32:22 -p
5433:5432 -h app.evergreen.com <image id>

Login to the container:
docker exec -it `docker ps -q` bash

Since you commented out the ENTRYPOINT line, you'll need to run it by hand:

cd /egconfigs && ansible-playbook evergreen_restart_services.yml -vvvv
-e "hosts=127.0.0.1"

If it has an error, at least the container doesn't die. You can
investigate the folder permissions. And maybe fix whatever the issue is.

Hopefully I've given you some ideas to try.

Good luck!

-Blake-
Conducting Magic
Can consume data in any format