[Evergreen-general] Prague

Linda Jansová linda.jansova at gmail.com
Fri Dec 22 00:52:40 EST 2023

Dear Terran and others,

Thank you for being with us!

It is indeed a tragedy; something we could never really imagine
happening here, especially not on our university's premises which is a
place we all traditionally consider safe.

Actually, the Institute of Information Studies and Librarianship where
we all studied and where Eva also teaches a course on information
technologies in libraries is part of the Faculty of Arts but located
elsewhere. But the Faculty of Arts' main building is also a place where
we all have spent some time (I remember taking some of my English
classes there about two decades ago) and also it is a kind of a symbolic
building for us here in the Czech Republic.

Although at this moment I do not think we personally know any of the
victims, it is a really difficult situation to cope with as it is do
much linked with a familiar setting, with a place and an institution
which has played and keeps playing an important role in our lives.

Linda