[Evergreen-general] How do you keep your OCLC holdings up to date?

Elaine Hardy ehardy at georgialibraries.org
Thu Feb 9 08:02:42 EST 2023

We send files once a month to OCLC to update holdings. Chris Sharp will
have more info on how that happens. We haven't had any issues with the file
not being processed within a few days. We have had issues where passwords
have expired or something else prevents the files from going through. We
could do it more often under our contract with OCLC; but, a month works for
our libraries.

PINES only updates holdings and doesn't delete since Evergreen doesn't
report the last copy for a system in a consortial environment where we all
have separate OCLC symbols. Each system is responsible for their own
deletes and we have a report they use  to help. In reality, we know that
some libraries never delete their holdings. OCLC does have a new, free mini
reclamation process that we hope to take advantage of again to keep
holdings up to date.

Elaine

J. Elaine Hardy, PINES and Collaborative Projects Manager
------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd., Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7128 | ehardy at georgialibraries.org

(404) 548-4241 | Cell

<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>
<https://www.twitter.com/georgialibs>
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.

It does not do to leave a live dragon out of your calculations, if you live
near him. *— J.R.R. Tolkien*

On Wed, Feb 8, 2023 at 12:12 PM Josh Stompro via Evergreen-general <