[Evergreen-general] Permissions for SIP accounts, API access accounts?

Murphy, Benjamin Benjamin.Murphy at ncdcr.gov
Thu Jan 12 14:22:45 EST 2023

I'm interested to learn what permissions others of you have assigned to your SIP accounts.

I'm also interested in whether any of you are allowing external vendors to access your Evergreen instance through the Evergreen API. If so, do you have a specific permission group set up for that API access? If you do, what permissions did you assign to that API access permission group? Are there other precautions you're taking to reduce the scope of access external vendors have?

Here's the permissions we currently have for our SIP accounts, and the query we used to pull this from the database if you're willing to share how you have yours set up:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16OPSCdHtuF6YeE_duolNPFKYuyuoyZGrfn4Mj9u3lvo/edit?usp=sharing

-- Here's the query we used to pull this from the database, in this case limiting it to the specific 'permission.grp_tree.id's involved
select
                permission.grp_tree.id as "Grp ID"
                , permission.grp_tree.name as "Grp Name"
                , permission.grp_tree.parent as "Grp Parent"
                , permission.perm_list.id as "Perm ID"
                , permission.grp_perm_map.depth "Perm Depth"
                , permission.grp_perm_map.grantable "Grantable"
                , permission.perm_list.code as "Perm Code"
                , permission.perm_list.description as "Perm Description"
from permission.grp_tree
left join permission.grp_perm_map on (permission.grp_tree.id = permission.grp_perm_map.grp)
left join permission.perm_list on (permission.perm_list.id = permission.grp_perm_map.perm)
--where permission.grp_tree.id in (1, 3, 5, 9, 10, 12, 13, 4, 45, 8, 87)

Benjamin Murphy
NC Cardinal Program Manager
State Library of North Carolina
benjamin.murphy at ncdcr.gov<mailto:benjamin.murphy at ncdcr.gov>  | https://statelibrary.ncdcr.gov/services-libraries/nc-cardinal
109 East Jones Street  | 4640 Mail Service Center
Raleigh, North Carolina 27699-4600
The State Library is part of the NC Department of Natural & Cultural Resources.
Email correspondence to and from this address is subject to the North Carolina Public Records Law and may be disclosed to third parties.