[Evergreen-general] Search the Catalog (Traditional)

Jennifer Pringle jennifer.pringle at bc.libraries.coop
Wed Jan 25 16:55:08 EST 2023

Hi Beth,

The developers voted at their May 2022 meeting to officially deprecate the traditional catalogue and TPAC as of 3.10 (http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2022/evergreen.2022-05-10-15.00.html)  I believe this means that both will still work in 3.10 but that they are no longer supported by the community and bugs in those features will not be fixed.  As far I can see there is no date yet for them to be completely removed.

As of 3.10 there is a library setting to hide the Traditional catalogue. (https://evergreen-ils.org/documentation/release/RELEASE_NOTES_3_10.html#_optionally_remove_traditional_catalog_from_menu)

We moved to the new staff catalogue for 3.7 (and hid the menu option) and then moved to bootstrap for 3.9.
Once you switch to the bootstrap OPAC that’s what shows in the staff client when you go to the traditional catalogue menu option.  So, if you’re not ready to lose the traditional staff catalogue yet you’ll want to hold of moving to bootstrap until you are.

Hope this helps,

Jennifer
--
Jennifer Pringle (she/her)