[Evergreen-general] Call for volunteers: Evergreen accessibility conformance report planning

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Thu Jul 20 13:56:44 EDT 2023

Hi,

Following up on a board decision last month, I would like to identify some
volunteers to assist with procuring an accessibility conformance report for
Evergreen's OPAC using the VPAT template.

I've proposed some times for a brief meeting next week:

https://doodle.com/meeting/participate/id/aKQGYgld

The purpose of the meeting will be to:

- identify OPAC interfaces to be evaluated
- identify potential providers of accessibility conformance reports to
request proposals and pricing from
- plan next steps towards making a recommendation to the project board for
proceeding with the accessibility evaluation

Please note that since the Evergreen Project has budgeted for paying for
such a report (although would be very happy to consider a proposal to
donate services to create it), if your organization might be interested in
providing such services, you should consider skipping the planning meeting
in the interest of avoiding a potential conflict of interest. However,
please feel free to let me or Katie Greenlef-Martin know if your
organization may be interested in providing a proposal.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton