[Evergreen-general] Novelist and record harvesting - API vs. holdings uploads

Lindsay Stratton lstratton at wlsmail.org
Wed Jun 7 08:51:14 EDT 2023

I think we should be looking very seriously at Evergreen's APIs and
improving the documentation, functionality, performance, etc. More vendors
and services are moving to APIs, not just for holdings, but user and
transaction data as well. Speaking personally, I run holdings uploads for
Novelist and Syndetics (which also now offers API uploads but not for
Evergreen) and would love to shift them over to an API method. We also use
a discovery layer where user data conections needs some improvement. And we
have libraries interested in analytics platforms that would also benefit
hugely from API connections.

Lindsay

*Lindsay Stratton*
*Systems Librarian*
Westchester Library System
570 Taxter Rd., 4th Floor
Elmsford, NY 10523
lstratton at wlsmail.org

On Tue, Jun 6, 2023 at 6:15 PM Dan Moore via Evergreen-general <