[Evergreen-general] osrf_http_translator - EG 3.11.1 - Cache error and failed transaction begin

Galen Charlton gmc at equinoxoli.org
Tue Oct 24 14:38:13 EDT 2023

Hi,

On Tue, Oct 24, 2023 at 10:55 AM Josh Stompro via Evergreen-general <

> I have a test system(Copy of production) with EG 3.11.1 running on Debian
> 11.8 with memcached 1.6.9, that doesn't show this issue.  So I'm leaning
> towards there being some bug in Memcached in Debian 12.

I tend to agree, though at the moment I suspect libmemcached more than
memcached itself. From what I've gleaned just now, libmemcached was
unchanged with the 1.0.18 release from February 2014 until it was picked up
by a new maintainer in 2020. Bookworm happens to be the first Debian
release to package the newer version, and Ubuntu was only a few months
earlier to include it.

> Has anyone run into this before?  Any other suggestions for things to look
> into?  Maybe memcached with verbose logging turned on?

Agreed, bumping up memcached's verbosity may help.

Also, please try this: create a file named
"0.10253501323116211698110395845" with the contents
{"ip":"10.0.100.6","jid":"opensrf at private.localhost/open-ils.pcrud_drone_virt-egstaff1_1698110384.796304_2053","service":"open-ils.pcrud"}
and use memccp to load it into the cache. If a subsequent memcdump fails,
that would suggest a (weird) data-dependent bug in libmemcached or memached
itself.

Regards,

Galen
--