[Evergreen-general] Seeking volunteers to help organize a program at ALA

Lussier, Kathy klussier at noblenet.org
Mon Feb 12 13:24:26 EST 2024

Hi all,

I am working with the Outreach Committee to revitalize the Evergreen
program that we used to regularly sponsor at ALA.

For many years, the Evergreen Outreach Committee organized meetups and
programs at the ALA Midwinter (now LibLearn X) meeting and Annual
Conference to try to raise
the visibility of the project to the larger library community. Those
programs ended in 2020 when in-person conferences were suspended, and it
would be good to see Evergreen promoted at a national event once again.

A list of previous project ALA activities is available at
https://wiki.evergreen-ils.org/doku.php?id=outreach:ala

If you are willing to help out to organize the program, please let me know.
You don't need to attend ALA to help, but, if you are going to ALA, so much
the better because we will need people to facilitate or present the
program.

Because the deadline to submit a meeting room request is Friday,  we don't
have much time to come up with a general idea of what we want to do. We can
refine it later, but we should have a solid idea of what we'll be
discussing before the request is submitted. This project will also need
approval from the Evergreen Project board on Thursday before we submit the
request to ALA.

Feel free to let me know if you have questions!
Kathy

--
Kathy Lussier
she/her