[Evergreen-general] Chromebox for computer labs?

Seth Erickson serickson at tds.lib.mn.us
Fri Jan 26 10:11:07 EST 2024

Hello Kevin,

We're using about 300 chrome devices (chromeboxes and chromebooks) across
multiple public libraries.  We run them in managed guest session mode, so
patron website history and downloads are wiped when they log out.  The
machines are very secure and easy to push changes out, add or edit
printers, etc.  We use Google Workspace to manage them, and it works
slick.  A couple of our larger libraries use Libdata for print & session
management, but most get along without it, being that they're mostly
smaller libraries.  We're exploring using the Chromeboxes as staff
terminals, as Evergreen works well on them.  Let me know if you need any
more info.

Thanks!

-Seth

 ---
Seth Erickson
Director of IT Systems
Traverse des Sioux Library System
833-837-5422  ext. 703
507-237-6085 (cell)
serickson at tds.lib.mn.us

On Thu, Jan 25, 2024 at 6:59 PM Kevin Co via Evergreen-general <