[Evergreen-general] Claims Returned Item Status?

John Amundson jamundson at cwmars.org
Fri Jan 26 14:32:40 EST 2024

Hi, William:

CW MARS using a status for this that we call "Claimed Returned".

Some more answers below:

Claims Returned item status:

1.    Does the circulation remain open (still checked out to the patron)
Yes and No. As far as the patron is concerned, it's returned, but it does
stay open in the database, and is still accessible from the patron's record
in the staff client.

2.    If the circ remains open, where can staff find that information?

1.    Right now, it appears in Items Out > Other/Special Circulations

This is also where it appears for us.

3.    If staff can see that information, can it be set up so that patrons
can’t see it? If patrons can see it, they will be alarmed that they still
see this checkout, even though it is technically been forgiven.

Our patrons can't see their currently claimed returned material. Only staff
can. This may be the default behavior.

4.    Staff will need to be able to retrieve that information because we
give each patron one claim returned. There are often repeat offenders with
this.

In addition to the transaction still being accessible on the patron's
record, staff can also run reports directly on the "Claimed Returned"
status.

Hope this is helpful!

John

John Amundson (he/him/his)
Library Applications Supervisor, C/W MARS, Inc.

[image: icon] jamundson at cwmars.org | [image: icon]www.cwmars.org

[image: icon] 508-755-3323 x1

On Fri, Jan 26, 2024 at 2:26 PM Diane Disbro via Evergreen-general <