[Evergreen-general] SlimPAC Removal Discussion

Chris Sharp csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Jan 26 15:31:39 EST 2024

Hi all,

Today I opened a bug (https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/2051382) to
remove the SlimPAC code.  This is an interface that was developed alongside
the original Evergreen OPAC to accommodate users whose browsers didn't
support JavaScript or for users with accessibility needs.  It has not been
updated in many years.  I have proposed removing this legacy code, but I
want to open the floor (or the list, I guess) for discussion if others have
been using it.  Please speak up before next Friday, February 2, if you have
opinions you'd like to be considered before we remove it.

Thank you!

Chris

--

[image: logo with link to Georgia Public Library Service website]
<https://georgialibraries.org/>

Chris Sharp, PINES System Administrator

------------------------------

Georgia Public Library Service

2872 Woodcock Blvd, Suite 250 | Atlanta, GA 30341

(404) 235-7147 | csharp at georgialibraries.org

[image: logo with link to Georgia Public Library Service Facebook page]
<https://www.facebook.com/georgialibraries>[image: logo with link to
Georgia Public Library Service Instagram page]
<https://www.instagram.com/georgialibraries/>[image: logo with link to
Georgia Public Library Service LinkedIn page]
<https://www.linkedin.com/company/georgia-public-library-service/>[image:
logo with link to Georgia Public Library Service Threads page]
<https://www.threads.net/@georgialibraries>

of Georgia libraries making an impact in our communities.