[Evergreen-general] Sharing plans for changing library selector in Angular staff catalog

Lussier, Kathy klussier at noblenet.org
Fri Mar 1 17:21:54 EST 2024

Hi Mike,

When I said it would take a while to read your email, I had no idea it
would be a month before I sent a reply. Thank you for your patience.

We read through the feedback and also loaded the code from
https://bugs.launchpad.net/evergreen/+bug/1949109 on our test server to see
how it worked. It is a very nice implementation, but, given the
hierarchical use of our location groups, an implementation in the selector
would work better. As such, we've updated our development requirements to
offer it as an option as to where the groups appear. We aren't sure if it
should be an option that applies globally to all shelving location groups
or if an option applied to each shelving location group. The latter adds
more flexibility. If anyone has feedback on that question, let me know.
Mike, we appreciate the guidance about using a new component if we use the
selector for the shelving location groups. In my head, I had already been
thinking it would require a new component since we don't want the groups to
show up in other selectors, but that fact wasn't clear in the requirements.

We also would like the visibility of the org units in the selector to carry
through to the search results and holdings information. Basically, we would
like it to work exactly the same way as the OPAC visibility flag, but in
the staff catalog. I know this method requires that we restart services to
see the change, but we also expect these selections will be made at the
same time as the OPAC visibility ones. It's not something that gets changed
frequently.

I know I didn't respond to everything that was raised, but I needed to get
this email off my to-do list before taking off for a week. You can see our
updated requirements with all changes tracked in the below document:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Aioe5GfQXHXrWVF90r_xdsbMhm1PjHP1vFOyyO0R3DY/edit?usp=sharing

Kathy
--
Kathy Lussier