[Evergreen-general] Hack-A-Hosting Proposals for 2024 Now Open

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at equinoxoli.org
Fri Mar 15 15:49:22 EDT 2024

Good afternoon,

As we head into the weekend, I'm reminding folks of this opportunity to
host the 2024 Hack-A-Way.  We've had a few questions but not proposals yet
so if you're shy please step forward. This is not a large event that
requires a consortia level host, in fact we've been hosted by individual
libraries several times in the past.

What we need:

   - A clean meeting space for 15 - 30 people.
   - Working space for laptops.
   - A TV, projector or other display.
   - Adequate bandwidth for the users.
   - A few snacks and forms of hydration and caffeine to keep blood sugar
   and productivity up.
   - Facilitate reasonable hotel accommodations (cheaper is better but no
   bed bugs).
   - Although not required it's become tradition for the host to supply
   lunches.