[Evergreen-governance-l] ***SPAM*** FW: Be sure to do this

Lori Bowen Ayre lori.ayre at galecia.com
Fri Aug 27 21:07:07 EDT 2010

I agree with Dan and Galen particularly concerning:

1) eliminating limits on how long someone can serve on the Board
2) expanding the concept of "contribution" such that it isn't limited to
writing code
3) eliminating the Technology Committee (but what about the committees we
have now like DIG and Reports?)
4) agree members should approve members (but perhaps the Oversight Committee
could have a role in the case of an appeal of the membership decision???)
5) agree that membership has to be for individuals because otherwise what
happens when those individuals change affiliations?  Seems like we need
individual members plus institutional members but somehow ensure that an
institution can't pay for a bunch of memberships in order to take over a
vote.

New Questions
1) does it make sense in this day and age that you have to be present to
vote?  seems like it could be  hardship for an international organization.
 Couldn't there be accommodations for absentee ballots?
2) 10% of members have to vote in a "Member requested referenced."   Does
this mean 10% of the people present at any given membership meeting?  or 10%
of all registered members?  Seems potentially low or too high depending how
you interpret it.

Lori Ayre