[Evergreen-governance-l] Koha has swag, why can't we?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Dec 7 17:04:39 EST 2010

On Tue, Dec 07, 2010 at 04:54:06PM -0500, Amy Terlaga wrote:
> Hi all--
>
> I realize that this is not necessarily the most pressing, significant
> issue, relatively speaking, but I would really like to get an Evergreen
> T-shirt for Christmas, and, if not in time for Christmas, how about in
> time for the next Evergreen conference?

Nice idea!

> Koha has plenty of gift items:
> http://www.cafepress.com/kohails

Well, one particularly troubled member organization in the Koha community
runs that shop (*cough*).

> What do we have to do to get our own?

If we want to use the official logo on something like Cafe Press, we
would need the permission of the trademark holder. And we would want the
proceeds to go to a trusted source... I can check to see if the
Conservancy can be the direct recipient of profits from Cafe Press /
similar shops.

To do something more creative than just slapping the logo on a mug or
shirt, you'll need someone with graphic design skills. DO NOT LOOK AT
ME, I AM UTTERLY DEFICIENT IN THIS AREA!

> --
> Amy "Material Girl" Terlaga

Augh, the earworm!