[Evergreen-governance-l] Evergreen-governance-l Digest, Vol 8, Issue 4

Elfstrand, Stephen F stephen.elfstrand at mnsu.edu
Wed Nov 10 15:48:00 EST 2010

[Elfstrand comments]
Yes I agree it makes sense to do as Dan suggests

Stephen F. Elfstrand
Executive Director, PALS
(507) 389-5059
(507)  381-6999 mobile

On Nov 10, 2010, at 11:24 AM, Dan Scott wrote:

 1) Short-term (e.g. next month?): establish an agreement with the
Conservancy that enables us to take advantage of the benefits of being
part of a 501(c)(3) and provides a neutral place for holding the
Evergreen collateral (trademarks, logos, domain names...). We would work
directly with the Conservancy to establish the ground rules for our
agreement (as Bradley offered when he sent us the sponsorship agreement
- and which we have not as of yet used).

2) Longer-term (e.g. in time for the next Evergreen Conference):

establish the complete set of rules of governance, including standing
committees, membership rules & fees, meeting rules, compensation,
possibly setting up a standalone 501(c)(3)?