[Evergreen-governance-l] Proposed New Governance Changes

Williamson, Cynthia cynthia.williamson at mohawkcollege.ca
Thu Oct 21 09:56:29 EDT 2010

I too can see both sides but am firmly in favour of starting the Foundation with "option 1".  We're not carving everything in stone and saying this is all we will do for now and forever.  Committees like communications, user groups, etc can all be formed as part of the work of the Foundation at the beginning.  We would do well to remember that we haven't been elected (not that there's anything wrong with what we're doing, someone had to get the ball rolling)... I'd like to see some more community involvement in all of the other stuff rather than us trying to carve it all out right at the start.  I think that stewarding the assets is the most important reason to get this Foundation up and running right now.  All of those other good purposes will come & they can come under the Foundation even if we don't do it all right now.
Regards, Cynthia