[Evergreen-governance-l] Proposed New Governance Changes

Amy Terlaga terlaga at biblio.org
Thu Oct 21 11:35:11 EDT 2010

So here's a happy thing:

(11:30:07 AM) jeff: afterl: you could then change "Who can join?" from
"People can request an invitation to join" to "Anyone can join"
(11:30:10 AM) afterl: jenny's here now - she's the group moderator.  Jenny,
are you getting this?
(11:30:59 AM) jeff: afterl: and in theory, that would allow anyone to
subscribe and their first post would be moderated. spammers can be removed
and their posts never make it to the members, useful contributions would be
approved and then that member would be able to freely participate.
(11:31:16 AM) jenny: I am now. :P
(11:32:11 AM) jenny: I am not the group owner, but I can talk to Lynn about
what changes we can make.  And maybe see if I can get ownership privs
(11:32:33 AM) jeff: afterl/jenny: thanks for helping me understand, and for
listening to my feedback. :)
(11:32:37 AM) jenny: thanks for the suggestions, Jeff!
(11:33:02 AM) afterl: jenny:  sorry, you're right, Lynn Flood is group
owner.  Thought you were since you run the meetings!
(11:33:16 AM) afterl: jeff:  yes, thanks for the suggestions.  We'll give
them a try...

=======================
Amy Terlaga
Assistant Director, User Services