[Evergreen-governance-l] Draft rules of governance for a more focused Foundation

Sharp, Chris csharp at georgialibraries.org
Fri Oct 22 10:26:04 EDT 2010

Sylvia,

I can answer this one for you:

How does one get onto the Evergreen general mailing list? Who controls the mailing list and are comments moderated; if so, by whom? I’m not trying to imply anything, I’m just genuinely curious. Other than Galen and Dan, are the governance committee members on the Evergreen mailing list? I know the Indiana members are not and did not even know about the e-mail list until recently. What would be the plan to ensure that all the various interested stakeholders know of this list so they can participate in the board nominations and voting if they so choose? Is it every Evergreen community member for him/herself to figure it out or will someone be responsible for outreach and getting the word out about the e-mail list?

The best link for the community to use to get to the lists is from evergreen-ils.org:

http://evergreen-ils.org/listserv.php

This is also a menu item on the banner at the top of each page of the site.

The Open-ILS-General and Open-ILS-Dev lists were created by GPLS during the development of what was then known as "Open-ILS" (now Evergreen) for the purposes of communicating the goals, needs, and questions of the open source project. Open-ILS-Dev is intended for technical questions and discussions about Evergreen and Open-ILS-General is for anything else.

I know the general assumption from PINES/GPLS's perspective is that members of the community are already on these lists - I'm sorry Indiana has felt like they're in the dark about this. Getting the word out to everyone to avoid this sort of thing happening in the future might be a good question for the Communications Committee to tackle.

Chris Sharp
PINES Program Manager
Georgia Public Library Service
1800 Century Place, Suite 150