[Evergreen-governance-l] FW: Be sure to do this

Watson, Sylvia sywatson at library.IN.gov
Wed Sep 1 12:52:05 EDT 2010

Just as an FYI, I added a sentence that provides that membership is determined by majority vote of all submitted member responses.  That way, if half the members don't respond, the proposed member is not denied because of a lack of majority vote of the membership.  This is assuming we keep the members in charge of approving memberships, an issue that I understand may not be resolved.

Sylvia

From: evergreen-governance-l-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [mailto:evergreen-governance-l-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Lori Bowen Ayre
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 12:29 PM
To: Williamson, Cynthia
Cc: evergreen-governance-l at list.georgialibraries.org
Subject: Re: [Evergreen-governance-l] FW: Be sure to do this

I agree with you Cynthia, I think we may be getting off topic since nothing in the current version of the document Sylvia has provided addresses anything related to monitoring, approving or otherwise involving our governance stuff into the development process which I think is a good thing!

I do think we haven't found consensus on the membership definition just yet.  Or maybe it is more an issue of who approves memberships more than anything else.

I've pulled out that section and attached it here for our consideration (and I did add the additional points I suggested earlier for what constitutes "substantial contributions.).  So, maybe we could focus our attention on this section and see if we can pin that down and then broaden our view again and look over the whole document.  Just a thought.

Lori

P.S. I'm out of town for the next few days so I'll be offline and missing this discussion.  Keep up the good work!