[Evergreen-governance-l] IRC meeting meeting Tuesday, 9/7

Corridan, Jim (ICPR) jcorridan at icpr.IN.gov
Wed Sep 1 19:07:21 EDT 2010

I have not been involved with #evergreen IRC but will participate.

Jim Corridan
________________________________
From: evergreen-governance-l-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org [evergreen-governance-l-bounces at list.georgialibraries.org] On Behalf Of Lori Bowen Ayre [lori.ayre at galecia.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 10:21 AM
To: Galen Charlton
Cc: evergreen-governance-l
Subject: Re: [Evergreen-governance-l] IRC meeting meeting Tuesday, 9/7

Hi Galen,
I can attend also and can report on Web Team activities and help with any discussions on Governance (Amy can help with both of those committees too).

Lori

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 4:28 AM, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com<mailto:gmc at esilibrary.com>> wrote:
Hi,

As you may have seen on open-ils-general, Dan has called an IRC meeting for next Tuesday at 2:00 p.m. EDT in the #evergreen IRC channel.  This is a long-overdue meeting where we hope to cover a ground in planning the coordination of the gold release of 2.0, among other topics, but if you check the agenda [1], there are open invitations for reports and/or discussion by the Evergreen governance committee and the website committee.  I highly encourage that both committees be represented at the meeting; while obviously we could hardly hope to cover either committee's actions in the space of a few minutes, giving everybody a chance to hear what's going on can only help to unify and coordinate our various efforts.

I've also informed the DIG about their invitation, but I've noticed one omission, the Reports IG.  Since I know that a lot of members of that IG are also on the governance committee, I'd like to encourage a reports IG report as well - another five minutes added to the agenda won't be a problem.

The IRC meeting is called a developer meeting, but I would be pleased if this could become the start of a regular series of *contributor* meetings.

[1] http://open-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=dev:meetings:2010-09

Regards,

Galen
--