[Evergreen-governance-l] We're meeting today, yes?

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Tue Sep 21 12:24:03 EDT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 10:01:41AM -0400, Amy Terlaga wrote:
> Just checking - I have it on my calendar for 1pm Eastern time.

I'm fine with not meeting via phone if there's no pressing reason to
meet. If there are follow-ups from the previous meeting or further
action items, we can continue to discuss via email.

There's no word yet from the Software Freedom Conservancy as to the
disposition of our application.

The minutes from the July 20th meeting
(http://rscel.evergreen-ils.org/node/1454) said that there would be a
meeting on August 17th. A number of us weren't able to make it, but I
found the minutes in an email from Chris from August 30th. I gather the
decision was made to not post the minutes until some conference milestones
were passed. I'm not sure if those milestones were passed?

I would be interested in knowing what lead to the decision to close new
membership in the Governance Committee. I suppose that's a drawback of
teleconferences versus having a written conversation where one can go
back and retrace all of the arguments pro and con a given policy
decision. Perhaps the desire to join the Governance Committee could be
alleviated if more of our discussions were held on the regular
open-ils-general mailing list where would-be joiners would be able to
provide direct input into the governance process? The asynchronous
nature of email would also avoid the schedule conflicts inherent in
trying to bring a group together (although now that summer is over and
the school year is underway, those conflicts should die down a bit).