[Evergreen-governance-l] Governance Committee Minutes - Draft, 9-21-10

Dan Scott dan at coffeecode.net
Wed Sep 22 22:16:19 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 22, 2010 at 05:06:04PM -0400, Amy Terlaga wrote:
> Hi all-
>
> Here they are.
>
> I threw everything in there so let me know if I threw too much in or if I
> got any of the discussion wrong.
>
> If you could get back to me by Friday morning (11am Eastern time) with any
> corrections you might have, that would be much appreciated.

Great stuff, Amy. No real corrections, but one comment; I find the
phrase "Jim suggested that we form a sub-committee that could flesh out
some kind of formal structure between the Foundation and the
developers." rather strange, as that suggests a division between
developers and the Foundation that I think would be very unhealthy. I
don't think the developers perceive a division of this kind; wasn't it
more a matter of working out a more satisfactory line of communication?

And one link to the document that describes the process of submitting a
patch / code review / becoming a committer:
http://evergreen-ils.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=contributing

And a followup: I sent an email to the Conservancy yesterday trying to
outline the culture clash that was evident at the meeting and asking if
they would be willing to help us navigate those waters. No response yet,
but given that they're working through the applications this week I'm
not surprised :)

Also - wow, apparently I talk a lot.