[evergreen-outreach] annual report printing

Rogan Hamby rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Fri Dec 29 07:47:04 EST 2017

Another quick follow up.  In looking at moving the work on the annual
report to Scribus Kathy and I both did some research on migrating the file
format.  My experience has been that the print layout world of software is
fundamentally different in terms of exchanging data between applications
then graphics and this is bearing out to be true.  Both of us found the
same set of suggestions and neither are working for me in a way that would
be useful.  The postscript export is per page not document and does not
export embedded data.  The xml output is not parseable.  I'm still waiting
to see if Kathy had any better luck but at this point that does not look
like a viable option to me.