[evergreen-outreach] survey

Gagnon, Ron gagnon at noblenet.org
Wed Mar 7 16:09:03 EST 2018

Meme and all,
I think we need to be clear that the new logo would not be a replacement,
but an alternate option format that would fit in a squarish space.  Though
that's not addressed in the minutes of the Oversight Board, it does show in
the IRC log of the January meeting, available at
http://evergreen-ils.org/meetings/evergreen/2018/evergreen.2018-01-19-13.00.
log.html

Here is the pertinent discussion:

13:35:19 <terran> I wouldn't say there is a *need* for a square
alternative, but it would be nice sometimes to have the
option.13:35:37 <terran> I agree that none are strong enough for a
replacement.13:35:41 <hbrennan> I think if a refresh is done, it
should be a pair. Headline style and square13:36:00 <kmlussier> We've
mostly been using the leaf design, with some background color, as the
squarish logo. But it's never been official.13:36:47 <tspindler> I
also agree that none seem strong enough to warrant a change13:37:49
<tspindler> Any other questions for kmlussier?13:38:06 <kmlussier>
Does anyone want us to go forward with it as a squarish logo option
without replacing the main logo?13:38:28 <tspindler> I don't see a
need myself13:38:53 <terran> I'd like to, but my heart's not set on
it.13:39:20 <hbrennan> I agree with terran13:41:03 <tspindler> When
you say the square one, are you talking the standard frond with a
square around it?13:41:08 <kmlussier> Well, we could always do a
survey with a selection of the draft logos alongside what we're
currently using for the squarish option and see if the community gets
behind one of the new ones.13:41:45 <terran> There was one of the ones
that had a circle that I liked - I think a survey might be nice to
gauge further interest13:41:55 <kmlussier> tspindler: Yes, that's
typically what we use now when we need a square one. We also use that
as a small round one.13:42:08 <hbrennan> I could definitely pick some
out of the bunch to be voted on13:42:41 <kmlussier> OK, then, I think
we could probably use the outreach list to come up with a shortlist
and go from there.13:42:44 <tspindler> I think presenting a few
options and surveying might be a good way to move forward13:42:57
<terran> Agreed

So the question for the survey probably should be something like
The Evergreen Community Outreach Committee has come up with some Evergreen
Logo options for a square or round format and would like the community to
cast their vote. The new logo option will allow for resizing, be able to be
used on a variety of background colors and still be recognizable.  The
traditional wide logo will also still continue to be used.

Also, are we asking people to vote for one they like, or can they vote for
multiple options?

Thanks,
Ron

On Wed, Mar 7, 2018 at 3:26 PM, Meme Marlow <mememarlow.1986 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello, everyone.
>
> I am attaching a word document survey. Any feedback on it would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks, Meme
>
> --
> Meme Marlow
> Worch Memorial Public Library
> Director
> 790 S. Center St.
> PO Box 336
> Versailles, OH 45380
> mememarlow.1986 at gmail.com
> www.worch.lib.oh.us

Ronald A. Gagnon
Executive Director
North Of Boston Library Exchange (NOBLE)
Danvers, Massachusetts  01923
978-777-8844
www.noblenet.org