[evergreen-outreach] interstitial slides

Frasur, Ruth RFrasur at library.IN.gov
Wed Jun 3 10:22:04 EDT 2020

Fair enough.  I wondered about the titles. Some seemed…long.  That green is better.  It wasn’t so much the brightness as much as the contrast.  This looks good.

Ruth Frasur
Evergreen Support and Development Administrator
Indiana State Library
140 N Senate Ave
Indianapolis, IN  46204
(317) 460-7556

From: rogan.hamby at gmail.com [mailto:rogan.hamby at gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 10:18 AM
To: Frasur, Ruth <RFrasur at library.IN.gov>
Cc: Galen Charlton <gmc at equinoxinitiative.org>; Evergreen Outreach Committee <evergreen-outreach at list.evergreen-ils.org>
Subject: Re: [evergreen-outreach] interstitial slides

**** This is an EXTERNAL email. Exercise caution. DO NOT open attachments or click links from unknown senders or unexpected email. ****
________________________________
I can play with the green a bit but the range is limited.  Thanks to varying monitors and human eyesight once we start talking about subtle variations what we see may not be what someone else sees.  I've dropped an example below with a brighter green to see if folks like it.  I think this will still show up green to most people but brighter and it's going to be effectively white to some folks and hard to distinguish from the session title.  And resizing will affect this so we don't want anything using small text that is critical to read.  I'm using Zoom's recommended size for backgrounds but once the video file is saved it's scaled down to 640 horizontally (at least that I've seen, can this be changed?) and compression may play with colors too.  The slides won't be critical for the youtube videos but I'd still rather they not be muddled.  :)

All of this gets into the spacing question about the grey area.  We have some very long titles and presentations with quite a few people.  BTW, Andrea wins the award for both the single longest title and being on the panel with the most presenters.  As a result, there are slides that use every pixel of that grey area so spacing it out more really isn't possible unless I create multiple templates and start matching them up per session and I'd rather not.

[image.png]