[evergreen-outreach] annual report printing

rogan.hamby at gmail.com rogan.hamby at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 13:14:39 EDT 2020

Here in the ATL area COVID-19 cases are still low but on the rise and the
fact that some of the confirmed cases worked in high traffic public jobs
before being diagnosed is not a good sign even if they were the only
infection vectors.  Also, I suspect everyone has seen the serious measures
being taken to limit large public gatherings happening across the country.

The local conference planning committee has now recommended canceling the
conference.  The printing sponsorship is connected to the conference.  The
matter is now passing over to a variety of hands for legal and logistical
input so I won't speculate what will happen but if it passes that the funds
are not there for printing the report (which seems likely to me) we will
simply distribute it electronically as we have in the past.  So, for us,
for now, we will simply proceed as normal except that we are likely to have
one set of tasks we can take off our to-do lists.

All of that said once it's done I will make sure a print ready PDF as well
as the more bandwidth friendly one are available so if anyone wants to take
it upon themselves to have it professionally printed the option will be
available to do so.